Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Over-due.

Wow, I've been so busy lately with starting my college classes last week for fall semester of 2012, with ending a great weekend.. BECAUSE it was my 4years anniversary with my boyfriend, the love of my life, garrett. : )

Last friday he came over seeing me all dressed up and got my hair done.. I look like a pochantas with my tan skin and brunnette hair. LOL... I got him a collage picture frame with our pictures ( he asked me if i had a professional do it, i repsonded saying no.. i did it all myself.. GREAT compliment.), memory box that i painted (he keep all of my stuff like drawings, cards, movie tickets, 3D glasses,event tickets etc..), perler beads i made of pikachu, zelda, I <3 YOU, and game boy with tetris game on it.., and ALSO, an engraved pocketknife that says Happy anniversary. Stephanie&Garrett. 08.24.08

So friday night, Garrett and I went to italian restaurant called Giorgios. The one and only in Georgia. I had my cheat day that day, havent had one since May -- which was 3 months ago.. I know i know.. it's been a while. but that's a good thing.. Usually, people would have cheat days once a week, but for me it's every 3 months.. At first, it took me a while to get used to it, since then i'm 100% confident.. scratch that. i'm 105% confident. They make the most amazing calzones along with dressings. it's homemade.. i got a cheese calzone with ham and pineapple, then a salad (no cheeeeeese! since i already got cheese in my calzone..) with ranch dressing. SO YUMMY. With left over of dressing, i used to dip the bread with ranch... Not only me that likes that ;-) Not a weird combination..... After that, we went out to menchies.. WHICH is a healthy place.. I could care less about brusters, even though it's a great icecream place, but not much toppings... they have several flavors -- No sugar added/fat free chocolate swirl, coffee toffee, strawberry swirl, and chocolate something.. forgot what's called.. but menchies/yogli mogli have the best toppings that all are non - fat and low - fat .. my top favorites are cake batter, red velvet, thin mint, cookies and creme vanilla chocolate and peanut butter... Also, for seasons like christmas, they'd have like peppermint yogurt or egg nog.. I blame this on my brother and my best friend dara for getting me addicted to frozen yogurt places. HA-HA... They only charge $0.44/per oz. which is not really a bad deal... So i went and got mix of cookies and creme with cake batter... (I bet you'd do this when you were a kids but for me, i'd like out of the cake batter bowl when we're done baking...) Bet you couldn't resist. I'm gonna keep you posted with recipes and Tips on how to lose weight... Summer's almost over.. You're going to want to read my posts coming up with great tools and recipes..

Recipe of the day:
HG's <em>Por Qué No</em>? Mexi Pizza
Let's Talk About Mex', Baby!
When it comes to super-caloric fast-food items, we're often left asking, POR QUÉ? (That's Spanish for "WHY?") But one bite of our new guilt-free swap, and "Why not?" becomes the more appropriate question -- hence the name of our recipe. Just chew it!

Ingredients:
Two 6-inch corn tortillas
1/3 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the kinds by Boca and Morningstar Farms)
1/2 tsp. taco seasoning mix
2 tbsp. fat-free refried beans
2 tbsp. taco sauce
3 tbsp. shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1/4 cup chopped tomato

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.

Lay tortillas on the baking sheet, side by side, and bake for 6 minutes. Flip tortillas. Bake until crispy, about 6 more minutes. Leave oven on.

Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add soy crumbles and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning. Cook and stir until hot and well mixed, about 2 minutes.

Spread 1 tortilla with refried beans. Top with seasoned soy crumbles, followed by the other tortilla.

In a small bowl, mix taco sauce with remaining 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning. Spread the top tortilla with seasoned sauce, and sprinkle with cheese and tomato.

Bake until sauce is hot and cheese has melted, about 3 minutes. Eat up!

MAKES 1 SERVING
Calories: 254
Fat: 6.5g
Sodium: 803mg
Carbs: 34.5g
Fiber: 6.5g
Sugars: 3.5g
Protein: 16.5g

PointsPlus
® value 6*


Quote:
- still hungry before bed? Go for low-fat string chees,e the case in protein is slow to digest and will sustain you throughout your zzz's.
- (DO)n't qu(IT).
-Running the stairs - great cardio exercise -- also a great way to tone your butt.

I just created this book, ( you can buy a composition journal at walgreens for cheap)and i'd cut out words from magazines to tape on journal that inspires me for this weight-loss journey.
**Will post pictures later on this weeek..**
found out from pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment