Friday, August 3, 2012

Empower yourself.

Sorry that I haven't been on this week to blog, but earlier this week I didn't feel too well, wasn't on computer at all this week.. Today is the first time I've been on this week, checking my messages and checking facebook and learned that one of my best friend's sister died Wednesday.. It was so soon and sad to know the fact that she was just twenty-five years old.. We grew up in the church together back in the days, then she moved to the state of Michigan and got married.. Thinking of her and her family when they're grieving losing their daughter, sister, friend, wife. Also, my grandmother's birthday was this Wednesday, so we went out to Long Horn's for lunch. Surprisingly, we usually go to Red Lobster for their birthdays and anniversary.. As for me, you know in my previous that I cut down sugars, but also, i cut down going out to dinner every Friday night.. (due to dinner with high sodium and high points..) You can find low points for lunch and dinner out.. but for me, I'd go out to dinner once a month, then turned to hardly ever. Last time I went out to dinner was back in May 2012 at steak & shake for Garrett's birthday, then July 1-7 week in Florida going out to seafood restaurants with my dad, my brother and his girlfriend Megan.

So for lunch, I had a renegade sirloin steak, 6oz for only 10 points with a side salad that came with fat free ranch.. For dessert, I made my grandmother a birthday cake. Do you want to know the special ingredient? It's so so so good. To make a cake, regular cake mix like strawberry, vanilla, chocolate or red velvet.. You usually would use oil, water, and eggs.. At a weight watchers meeting while back, my leader Diane told us to have apple sauce instead of eggs.. Eggs are high in fat and calories.. So good, then when you're making the cake mix, instead of spraying the pan, rub butter on the pan then put flour ( i put wheat flour because we were out of regular flour..) put some on the pan and shake it around to make sure it sticks on the butter on the pan.

Here's a great website:
What I absolutely love about this website, is that you can eat anything you want or what you've been craving for (desserts, side dishes, and appetizers..) This website, tells you the nutrition facts for a food item (look below..) Stick to the recipe it shows on there -- with reduced calories, fat, sodium, and sugars.. Also to all of those people who are addicted to starbucks, there's a few recipes of coffee. Me, nah, I'm not a coffee person. HeHeHe.
Also it tells you how points plus of the food item -- homemade vs. resturant.

Recipe (below) --> http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2113
For an example: O Charley's have potatoes skins, which I'd crave for, but it's high in fat.

Instead of:

T.G.I. Friday's Loaded Potato Skins TGIF - Loaded Potato skins -- 11 points

Have instead:

HG's New & Improved Super-Skinny Skins

Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe (2 loaded potato skins)
Calories: 202
Fat: 7.5g
Sodium: 295mg
Carbs: 23.5g
Fiber: 3.5g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 10g
PointsPlus® value 5*

Well I hope you enjoy my post and have a great weekend. :) Comment if you have any tips or questions.


--Eat Great. Live Healthy.--

No comments:

Post a Comment